60-year-old dies after electric scooter battery explodes in Gurugram

0
27

Gurugram: A fire broke out in a rented room in front of Ramada Hotel in Sector-40 police station area of ​​Gurugram on Thursday night due to the explosion of the battery of a Scooty. An elderly man died on the spot due to suffocation from the flames and smoke, while the woman and her three sons suffered severe burns.

Neighbors put out the fire by uprooting the grill of the window and getting everyone out. The condition of the woman and her son remains critical, while two have been discharged from the hospital.

Suresh Shah (60 years), originally from Darbhanga Bihar, lives on rent for nearly four years with his wife Reena, sons Manoj, Saroj and Anuj. Suresh had a tea stall near his CNG pump. Manoj and Saroj used to work in a battery scooter company. At around 11 pm on Thursday, everyone went to sleep in their respective rooms. During this, the battery of the scooter was put on charging in the room itself.

Suddenly there was an explosion in the night. The room caught fire and smoke filled the room. Hearing the sound of the explosion, Satish, who lived in front of his room, ran outside. Seeing the smoke coming out, people gathered from the adjoining room. Then he tried to open the door. When the door did not open, people cut the iron grill of the window from outside. Going inside the room, opening the door, took everyone out. By then Suresh had died.

The police reached and admitted all the injured to the hospital. From where the woman and her sons were referred to Delhi Safdarjung Hospital. Where the condition of the woman and one of her sons remains critical. SHO of Police Station Sector-40 said that one died due to suffocation due to flames and smoke, while the woman and her son are undergoing treatment. The condition of the woman and a son is critical. Two sons were discharged. There is a risk of fire if the battery explodes during charging.

First published:December 19, 2021, 11:59 am

Leave a Reply