Aadhar-pan Linking: The deadline for linking Aadhaar card-Pan card is approaching. The central government has set March 31 as the last day to link Aadhaar-PAN. After linking both documents you can enjoy many benefits but if you did not link your documents by the deadline then your cards will be deactivated and you will face many problems. (Aadhar-pan linking)
There are many benefits of linking PAN card with Aadhaar card. Here are the details:
- By linking Aadhaar with PAN, the Income tac department gets access to the audit trail of all transactions, making the Aadhaar card an essential document for all transactions.
- You cannot file ITR unless Aadhaar-PAN is linked.
- After linking, the ITR registration is simplified because there is no need to submit documents or electronic signature.
- The use of Aadhaar card has greatly reduced the need for other documents.
- The Aadhaar card serves the purpose of proof of identity and address.
- Transactions can be tracked after linking, which helps prevent fraud and curb tax evasion.
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has imposed a late fee of Rs 1,000 for linking Aadhaar with PAN after June 30. No one will be able to link your PAN with your Aadhaar unless you pay the late fee. PAN and Aadhaar numbers can be linked till March 31, 2023.
- Visit the official website of Income Tax.
- Navigate to the Quick Links section and select Link Aadhaar.
- Enter your Aadhaar number, PAN number and mobile number in a new window.
- Select “I am validating my Aadhaar details”.
- We will send an OTP to your registered phone number. Fill it and press “Validate” button.
- After paying the fine, PAN will be linked with Aadhaar.