Amazon’s Prime Day sale will start on July 23 in India. Ahead of the big sale, the e-commerce platform collaborated with Uber, the ride-sharing service, to offer exclusive benefits to Prime users. As part of this partnership, Prime members will have access to UberPremier at the price of UberGo. In addition, they will also be entitled to discounts on a certain number of journeys each month.
Amazon partners with Uber: Benefits announced for Prime members
According to Amazon, Prime members will get exclusive deals now that it has partnered with Uber. They will be able to upgrade their UberGo ride to UberPremier three times a month. In addition to this, they will also enjoy a 20% discount up to Rs 60 on three trips per month. This reduction will be eligible on Uber Auto, Motorcycle, Rental and Intercity.
Notably, these offers can be redeemed by connecting your Uber account to your Amazon Pay wallet and using it to book trips.
According to the company blog, “Discounts will be automatically applied to rides for Amazon Prime members when they pay with their Amazon Pay balance.”
How to get discounts on Uber rides if you’re an Amazon Prime member
To get these benefits now, you just need to follow these steps:
- Make sure you have an active Amazon Prime account
- Link your Amazon Pay to your Uber Wallet
- Pay for your rides with your Amazon Pay balance
- You will get the discounts automatically
How to Link Amazon Pay Wallet to Uber
Here are the steps you can take to link your Amazon Pay wallet to Uber and get Prime member benefits:
- Open the Uber app and tap the Account icon at the bottom
- Select “Wallet”, scroll down and tap “Add payment method”
- Select “Amazon Pay”
- Log into your Amazon account with your account credentials
- Now you can simply add money using the “Add Funds” option
The post Amazon Prime Day 2022: Amazon and Uber Partner to Offer Exclusive Benefits to Prime Members appeared first on BGR India.