There are many Bollywood stars who remain in the headlines for their statements more than their work. It also includes the name of famous lyricist Javed Akhtar. He often shares his views which are not liked by many people and a huge controversy arises over it.
New Delhi: There are many Bollywood stars who remain in the headlines for their statements more than their work. It also includes the name of famous lyricist Javed Akhtar. He often shares his views which are not liked by many people and a huge controversy arises over it. A Thane court on Monday asked lyricist Javed Akhtar to appear on November 12 after Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) activist Vivek Champanerkar filed a defamation suit against him for alleged comparison of RSS and Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP). Notice issued for Taliban.
A civil defamation case has been filed in Thane civil court by an RSS worker through Advocate Aditya Mishra and Advocate Swapnil Kale. The petition states, “The plaintiff submits that he has been hurt by the defamatory statement of the respondent to tarnish the image of the organization of the plaintiff and hence he has suffered a loss of one rupee for which the respondent is liable to compensate him. “
1. Earlier, Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut had reprimanded Javed Akhtar, saying that comparison of any Indian organization with Taliban is condemnable and further said that such comparison is derogatory to Hindu culture.
Earlier, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had protested against Akhtar outside his residence in Mumbai. Although this is not the first time when Javed Akhtar’s statement has become a ruckus, even before that he has given many controversial statements.
2. Earlier, in the case of violence in Delhi in the year 2020, he had given such a statement that a complaint has been lodged against him once again. He wrote, “How many were killed, so many injured, so many houses burnt, so many shops looted, so many people left destitute but the police have sealed only one house and are looking for its owner. Incidentally his name is Tahir. Salute to the continuity of Delhi Police.”
3. Javed Akhtar often has a verbal war with actress Kangana Ranaut. There was a time when the news of Kangana and Hrithik’s affair and the controversy that followed made headlines. Giving his statement on this, Akhtar had said that he had told Kangana that he can help Hrithik reconcile but Kangana said that she will settle the matter in her own way. Kangana had said a lot about this too, which further escalated the controversy.
4. Javed Akhtar also came into limelight when he made a tweet about giving azaan on loudspeaker. He was trolled a lot for this. Actually Javed Akhtar had said that, ‘Azaan on loudspeakers should be stopped.’ After this, when there was a dispute, he clarified that the people of Muslim society cursed him and said that he would go to a worse place than hell.
5. Not only this, he has also given controversial statements regarding the issue of women wearing burqa and veil. Actually Javed Akhtar had asked that, ‘When it comes to safety, face covering can be a problem. If the burqa is banned, the veil should also be banned. What is the need of a burqa or a veil?’ However, giving clarification on this too, Javed Akhtar had said, “Some people are trying to distort my statement. The face should be closed whether it is a niqab or a veil.”
Popular songwriters often create chaos with their words or tweets and end up in major controversies!
First published:September 28, 2021, 11:31 am