On this Karva Chauth, husbands should give their spouse financial gifts that will ensure their long-term stability and prosperity in the future as well. Some investment plans can be started with a very small amount of investment, while some also guarantee tax exemption.
Here are some great budget gift ideas
1) Systematic Investment Plan Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) is a safe investment option. You can start a SIP with an amount as low as Rs 500 per month.
2) Post Office Monthly Income Scheme (MIS) Post Office Monthly Income Scheme (MIS) can be a good gift for your wife to get regular monthly income for her needs.
3) Health Insurance This will help your family cover rising medical expenses. You can also take care of yourself by gifting an insurance policy to your wife.
4) Equity Linked Savings Scheme (ELSS) As Equity Linked Savings Scheme (ELSS) can be started with an investment of less than Rs.500, it is not too much of a burden for you. ELSS also offers tax exemption under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
5) gold Gold is considered both a favorable and safe investment. You can buy gold with it in any form. It could be ETFs or physical gold or gold jewelery or bonds – the options are endless.