Samyukta Kisan Morcha has called for a Bharat Bandh on Monday and announced that all the borders connecting Delhi will remain closed. Bharat Bandh began at 6 am today and will end at 4 pm.
In view of Bharat Bandh, Delhi, Punjab and Uttar Pradesh Police issued advisory regarding traffic diversion so that people do not face any problem due to Bharat Bandh.
UP ADG (Law and Order) Prashant Kumar said that all DIGs, IGs, ADGs have been asked to remain alert, officers have been asked to be in the field. He further said that there will be no inconvenience to the general public. He also mentioned that security has been beefed up due to the Bharat Bandh.
Bharat Bandh: Which routes should you take in UP and Delhi today?
- According to the new traffic diversion, all traffic going from Loni border towards Delhi will be diverted from Delhi via Lohi Tiraha, Bhaura and Tila Mor.
- If you are coming from Meerut side, then you have to take Partapur Meerut to Meerut-Delhi Expressway. Apart from this, the remaining traffic from Meerut will be diverted from Kadarabad Mohidinpur to Hapur.
- If you are traveling to Ghaziabad then you should know that Ghaziabad to Meerut route will be diverted from Muradnagar Ganganahar towards Niwari.
- Meanwhile, if you are entering UP Gate from Delhi then you have to take the route via Maharajpur, Seemapuri, Tulsi Niketan Marg.
- The routes to Dasna and Noida will remain closed, and traffic coming from Noida will be rerouted from Ghaziabad via NH-9.
Bharat Bandh: Which routes should you take in Chandigarh today?
- If you are traveling from Hallomajra light point then you need to take route from Tribune Chowk to Kalibari light point.
- Notably, in Chandigarh, the traffic diversion is at six points- 66KV Light Point, Khuda Lahora Bridge, Dhanas Bridge, Tubewell Turn in Sector 25, T-Point near Dhanas Lake and PGIMER Chowk.