According to the railway, the 5 km distance limit for the non-suburb segment of the UTS mobile app has been lifted. Within a radius of 20 kilometers from the station, passengers can now buy tickets without a reservation. In addition, the previous speed limit of two to five kilometers per hour in suburban areas has been raised to ten kilometers per hour.
This decision by Deutsche Bahn benefits passengers traveling with general tickets. As a result, it is interpreted as a decision to reduce crowds at the ticket office.
Features of the UTS app
Passengers can easily order platform tickets, monthly tickets and general tickets via the UTS mobile app. You can use UPI and online banking to conduct transactions in it.
Step-by-step process to book online tickets via the UTS app:
- Download the UTS app on your mobile phone.
- Click on the booking ticket menu and select Normal booking.
- Then select the name of the departure station and destination and the ticket type.
- Choose the type of ticket you want to book.
- Make the last online payment.
- You can see the ticket in your UTS app.