In order to become a professor or invest time in research, one must qualify for the UGC Net Exam.
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has given the National Examinations Agency (NTA) the responsibility of conducting the UGC-NET, a test to determine whether Indian nationals are eligible for the positions of “Assistant Professor”, “Research Fellowship and Junior Assistant Professor” in Indian universities and colleges.
The UGC conducts this exam, NET, twice a year for eligible students. Candidates with a Master’s degree or equivalent examination with at least 55% (no rounding) in Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Computer Science, Applications, Electronic Science etc., from Universities/Institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for net . check Net ellipsis and user-generated qualification topic wise.
The University Grants Committee (UGC) announced in 2013 that applicants who pass the network will be eligible for lucrative careers as university lecturers in public sector institutions (PSUs). Preliminary sampling units may use the results of the UGC-NET exam to select candidates for executive positions in their organizations in science (R&D), management, corporate communications, human resources, and finance. By taking this action, UGC hopes to increase the number of students taking the UGC-NET exam, which has been steadily declining in recent years.
A candidate’s overall performance in Paper 1 and Paper 2 of the UGC-NET will determine whether they have been awarded a Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and/or qualify for an Assistant Professor position. The JRF award will not be awarded to individuals who simply meet the requirements for an associate professorship. As the case may be, the rules and regulations for the appointment of Associate Professors of relevant universities, colleges or state governments shall apply to candidates who pass the eligibility test for the position.
Important points to note:
- Candidates must provide their full postal address and PIN code for future correspondence.
- Since communications may be communicated by the NTA via email or SMS, the candidate must ensure that the email address and mobile phone number provided in the online application form are theirs (and cannot be changed later).
- The candidate must not include the training center mailing address, phone number, or email address in the online application form.
- Candidates must apply online to appear in UGC-NET June 2022 and December 2021 (Combined Courses). Application forms submitted other than online will not be accepted. No changes will be accepted by offline methods, such as fax, application, email, etc.
- To apply online, go to the official NTA website at ugcnet.nic.in.
- Once the online application form has been successfully submitted, it cannot be changed or deleted.
- Candidate application forms that do not meet the eligibility requirements will be disregarded.
NTA, the body that conducts the exam, strictly follows the criteria for booking, so one should check every little and big information before registering to avoid any problems.
Official Website: click here
After graduation, Bachelor’s and Master’s course completed, so what next? He first appeared on News24 English.