This feature was added for better data protection. With the latest privacy feature, you can hide your WhatsApp Online status. A new feature of WhatsApp has been released.
You can turn this setting on by following a few steps. Because of this, no one will know when you were online and when you were not. Let us know how you can use these features.
Steps to hide your online status
- First, you need to open WhatsApp on your phone. Now you need to go to “Settings”. Here you will find several options, among which you should click on “Privacy”.
- This is where you get the Last Seen and Online first option. When you click on it, you will have two options. One is related to “Last Seen” and the other is related to “Online Status”.
- Now let’s talk about the Online status, so here you will get two options. One everyone means that everyone can see whether you are online or not. The second option, Same As Last Seen, will also apply to your online status.
- Note that you will be given four options in the final scene. From there you can select Everyone, My Contacts, My Contacts Expected… and Nobody.
- If you don’t want anyone to receive information about your online presence, select “Nobody” here. After that, you need to mark the setting as “Last Seen” for the online status. This way you can hide your online status.