According to UIDAI, an NRI with a valid Indian passport can apply at any Aadhaar Kendra.
Here are the 10 UIDAI steps to be followed by an NRI to get an Aadhaar card:
- Visit the nearest Aadhaar Kendra
- Bring a valid Indian passport
- Fill in the necessary information in the registration form
- NRIs must provide their email address
- Notification is slightly different for NRI enrollment. Read the following and sign it on your registration form
- Ask the operator to register you as an NRI
- Give your passport to the operator as proof of identity
- Complete the biometric process after verifying your identity
- Make sure you check all the information on the screen before sending it to the operator
- The receipt or registration slip with your 14-digit registration number and date and time stamp should be saved.
After completing the process you can check the status at https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/CheckAadhaarStatus. According to UIDAI, you can submit another legal document or documents as proof of your address and date of birth in addition to your passport. If the address in your passport has changed, you will need to provide the updated Indian address along with a current Proof of Address (PoA), which is on the list of documents accepted by UIDAI.