Lemon cake without eggs: When the weather warms up, you need a delicious dessert that’s easy to make and can be served chilled. This easy eggless lemon cake is perfect for an outdoor celebration or just about any occasion! The fresh and crunchy filling of the Eggless Lemon Tart is the ideal dessert flavor.
Eggless lemon cake: Ingredients
- An eggless pie crust
- Unflavored gelatin powder
- Condensed milk
- Lemon juice and zest
- Vanilla extract
Recipe: Making the pickled crust
- In a food processor, stand mixer, or medium mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, and salt; pulse to be incorporated.
- Process with the chopped butter in short batches until the result resembles coarse breadcrumbs or fine breadcrumbs.
- With the motor running, add the evaporated milk, cream and vanilla and work/stir/mix until the dough forms a ball and pulls away nicely from the sides of the bowl.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough together and flatten it into a plate shape. Put it in the fridge for 1 hour, wrapped in plastic film.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/8 inch (3 mm).
- Pie weights (or dried beans, raw rice, pennies, etc.) should be used to fill the pie. Make sure it is evenly distributed over the entire surface.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the edges harden and start to brown at 200 o C. Carefully remove the tart shell and weights from the oven.
- At this point, you must strictly follow the cake recipes. If the cake requires additional baking after adding the filling, you should probably only partially bake the crust. But if you make a no-bake cake, the crust must be baked thoroughly.
For the lemon filling
- First, mix the gelatin and evaporated milk, then let it stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, mix the cream, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and gelatin mixture. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-low heat, then set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Then remove the pot from the heat and stir in the butter, vanilla extract and salt. Strain the lemon filling into a bowl or large measuring cup using a fine sieve. Let cool for 30 minutes or until slightly warm.
Pour the lemon mixture into the shell. Let cool for about 10 minutes, then cover.
Refrigerate for at least two hours, or until completely cooled and set.
Decorate and enjoy!