New Delhi: Leaked reports of Motorola’s upcoming Motorola Edge 40 have been around for a long time. They said the phone will be released soon. The good news is that now the company itself has confirmed the release date of the phone. The handset may belong to the premium mid-range category. This smartphone is also said to be priced lower than the Motorola Edge 40 Pro. The company tweeted that the smartphone will be the world’s fastest device, powered by the world’s first MediaTek Dimensity 8020, and will feature a curved display and it will have a great camera.
When will the Motorola Edge 40 be released?
The company confirmed the Motorola Edge 40 launch date via a tweet on its official Twitter page. According to the shared poster, the smartphone will be launched on May 23 and will be sold from e-commerce platform Flipkart. Motorola Edge 40 is priced at EUR 599.99 (Rs 54,200 approx) globally. But we expect the phone to launch in India for less than Rs 40,000.
Features of Motorola Edge 40
- The Motorola Edge 40 features a 6.55-inch FHD+ polED display with a 144Hz refresh rate, 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 360Hz touch sampling rate, HDR10+ and 1200 nits peak brightness.
- The phone is powered by MediaTek Dimension 8020 SoC.
- The Motorola Edge 40 has 8 GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 256 GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
- The device runs Android 13 out of the box
- The Motorola Edge 40 has a 4600mAh battery with support for 68W fast charging and 15W wireless charging. In this, you also get 5W reverse wireless charging support.
- The Motorola phone has a dual camera setup on the back with a 50MP main camera. There is a 32MP camera on the front.