Voting will be over by 4 p.m. Then the counting of votes will start at five o’clock in the evening.
Veteran candidates like Piyush Goyal, Nirmala Sitharaman, Congress leader Jairam Ramesh, Randeep Surjewala, Ajay Maken, Sanjay Raut, Shiv Sena and Praful Patel of NCP are in the fray for these seats. Let me tell you, under the Rajya Sabha elections, voting was to be held on 57 seats of 15 states. But the election of 41 members has been held unopposed, while voting is taking place today in 16 seats of 4 states
Rajya Sabha Elections 2022 Live Update:
– Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot reached Jaipur for Rajya Sabha elections.
– Former Chief Minister of Maharashtra and BJP leader Devendra Fadnavis reached Mumbai for Rajya Sabha elections.
– MLAs of Maharashtra reached Vidhan Sabha in Mumbai for Rajya Sabha elections.
– INLD MLA Abhay Chautala has said that in Rajya Sabha elections he will not vote for BJP or JJP but for Kartikeya Sharma, son of former Congress leader Vinod Sharma.
– Congress MP Deependra Singh Hooda says, “We are confident that our candidate Ajay Maken will win with more votes than our strength.
– Imtiaz Jalil, Maharashtra State President of AIMIM said that in order to defeat BJP, our party AIMIM has decided to vote for Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) in Rajya Sabha elections in Maharashtra. In Maharashtra, our 2 AIMIM MLAs have been asked to vote for Congress candidate Imran Pratapgarhi.
– On Thursday, a day before the elections for the four Rajya Sabha seats in Karnataka, Siddaramaiah, the leader of the Congress Legislative Party, wrote an open letter to the JD (S) MLAs requesting them to vote in support of his party’s second candidate Mansoor Ali Khan. He said that Khan’s victory would be the victory of ‘secular ideology’, which both parties follow.
first published:June 10, 2022, 9:25 a.m.
#Rajya #Sabha #Elections #Live #Voting #Rajya #Sabha #seats #today #results #late #evening