Rava Upma Recipe: Everyone wants to eat something for breakfast in the morning that will make the whole day go well. On the other hand, breakfast is a breakfast that people are very happy to eat. Keeping this in mind, here is the recipe for Rava Upma which is not only tasty but also very healthy. Everyone, from children to the elderly, can comfortably eat this.
Rava Upma: Ingredients
- 1 cup – Rava (wheat semolina)
- 1 tsp – chana dal
- 1 teaspoon – Urad Dal
- 1 tsp – chana dal
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon – grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons – chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons – green peas
- 3 tablespoons – bell pepper, chopped
- 7-8- Roasted cashews
- 1/4 cup – curry leaves
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- 2- Green chili
- 2-3 tablespoons – green coriander leaves
- 1/2 – lemon
- 1 tablespoon – desi ghee
- 2 tablespoons – oil
- Salt to taste
- First, finely chop the onion, tomato, green pepper, carrot, paprika and green coriander leaves.
- Then heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a thick bottomed pan and after the ghee melts add the Rava and saute for some time.
- While roasting, stir the semolina continuously with a spoon, then remove it to a plate after baking.
- Then put 2 tablespoons of oil in the pan and heat it on medium heat and add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard starts to crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves, urad dal and chana dal and saute.
- Fry until the color of the lentils is light brown.
- Then add the chopped onions, green chilies and grated ginger and mix.
- Say, saute the onion until it turns light pink.
- Then add chopped carrots, peas, peppers and tomatoes to this mixture and let it cook.
- Cook these ingredients well for 2-3 minutes, then add one and a half cups of water and let it boil.
- When the water starts to boil, add toasted semolina and squeeze half a lemon over it.
- Then, using a spoon, stir in the semolina well and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Then cover the pan and let the Rava upma cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- During this time, we constantly stir the upma with a spoon, then turn off the gas and let it stand for 10 minutes so that it congeals.
The tasty Rava Upma is ready, serve it hot.
Also Read: Don’t Ignore It! This could be the cause of his depression