1. India covers 2.4% of the earth’s surface. The total area of India is 32,87,263 square kilometers.
2. Kanchenjunga is the highest mountain peak in India.
3. Deccan Plateau is the largest plateau in India and the Ladakh plateau it is the highest plateau in India.
4. Andaman is the largest island in India and Majuli is the world’s largest river island located in Assam, India.
5. India has only one dessert which is the Thar dessert. It is located in the state of Rajasthan.
6. The longest Indian river is Bargain, its length is 2,640 km.
7. The largest delta in the world, (in West Bengal) Sundarbansit becomes Brahmaputra and Ganga.
8. Aravallis is the oldest mountain range in India.
Agriculture in India: More than 50% of the country’s land area is cultivated and about 64% of the Indian population is engaged in agriculture.
There are two main growing seasons in India namely:
Rabbi: It is sown in October or December and harvested in April or May. The main crops are: barely, wheat, peas, gram and mustard.
Kharif: Sown in June or July and harvested in September or October.
The main crops are: Bajra, Cotton, Jowar, Rice and Jute.
10. Forests: India is covered around 24.1% of the forest area (according to the Forest Survey Report).
Madhya Pradesh it has the largest forest cover in India among all other states.
11. Gujarat it has the longest coastline among all states in India.
12. Bangladesh shares the maximum limit with India.
13. India is divided into 28 states, 8 union territories, 1 national capital territory.
14. Rajasthan is the largest state in India followed by Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, UP.
15. up it is the most populous state in India, followed by Maharashtra, Bihar and West Bengal.